Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Election Circumspection


The, so called, election left me feeling like I had been hit by a beer truck. But, I'm back by unpopular demand. Tomorrow I will begin cleaning up this place, and putting up posts that are relevant to the roots and purpose of this blog. Eventually, all the political fodder from the past year will be moved to a political blog site I am preparing. But, Beneath the Carolina Moon will return to all things Southern and all things Carolinian. There's a quirky, eccentric side of the Carolinas, and most likely that will overtone this blog. After all, quirky, eccentric, and enigmatic are all good qualities when done with style and grace.
There is a time and place for everything, and this is quiet a place: here beneath the Carolina moon!
Posted by Dread who feels better already.

1 comment:

i beati said...

good thoughts- I'm on pensive overload with that art post- got me thinking and my head hurts a lot