Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Humididitized


76°F

Current:Clear

Wind: SW at 0 mph

Humidity: 95%

That information came from my Google weather thingy for my city at 10:23 A.M. today. Talk about freaking steamy weather! The high today is predicted to hit 94 F which is around 34.44444444444 C. Of course humididitized isn't a real word, unless I say it is. But, if you couple that humidity with that temperature, need you wonder why people in the south drink a lot of beer and have a little violent streak? Really!
We have to have some word for the influence of this weather, so I recommend humididitized.
Normally I would say that if you have a better word for it, say so. But, I really think you have to actually experience being humididitized before you have the qualifications to name it.

I plan to work outside this weekend in the yard and garden. If the weather doesn't kill me or turn me into a frog, we'll visit again next week. Neither is really at all likely, since I have survived many worse dog days than this, all here beneath the Carolina moon.

Posted by Dread who is dripping with sweat, standing still, in the shade.

2 comments:

i beati said...

I to have a might mighty task in the sun outside . I expect to work 10min sleep 3hrs etc

Jennifer said...

wow, you still have a garden in this drought??? LOL Mine is about dead and that is WITH the (almost until recently) nightly rain showers.