Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Sugar Sand, Rest, Home Again


This is the whitest sand I have ever seen. I absolutely had to wear sunglasses or I could not stand to open my eyes. It was actually painfully bright! I took this pic in front of the Sandestin Hilton where I was earlier this week in north western Florida. It was nice. I needed it. I'm glad to be back in my own bed.

All in all, it was a really good trip. There were mostly sunny skies, the food was fantastic, and the hotel and service was top drawer all the way. The beds were too soft. That was my only real complaint. An over soft bed means I wake up with a back ache in the middle of the night, and have to stretch the kinks out of my spine before I can stand straight enough to drink a cup of coffee in the morning.

This Hilton is located within a gated community, which was beautiful and manicured to the nines. Breakfast, with tip, was $20 per person, which is just a bit out of the price range I'm accustom to paying. But, it was all good.

Everything completely fell apart at work while I was gone, but isn't that just keeping a great American tradition? I'll get over it, eventually. I always do. And, life goes on. The get away for a few days was good, and restful, but I'll get over that too. I always do. And, life goes on, here beneath the Carolina moon.

Posted by Dread who could have knocked off early today, but just hung out with the staff, because it just seemed like the right thing to do after the tough week they've had.

2 comments:

i beati said...

And how did you shake the rain I've had for a week??oh I see they are getting it now that you left- here we have so much flooding alligators are knocking on doors for food.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Wow. I had sunshine and blue skies, with a few scattered, night time, mild,thunder storms. Back at home, it's the same as before I left; drought!

Dread