Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Need A Small Vacation


I'm taking off for a short vacation. Not that anyone would notice anyway, since this summer I have only posted here about once a week, but maybe I'll have an experience to share when I get back. I've had very few uneventful vacations in my life. Come to think of it, I've actually had very few vacations the last few years.

Oh! About that picture up there? Not that I plan to start a nuclear war or anything while I'm on vacation, but I did think that I should leave you with a thought to mull over while I'm away from the keyboard. So, here it is.

To date, there have been only two nuclear bombs dropped on human populated areas, both with the full intent of wreaking death and destruction on an unprecedented scale. What you need to think about is, BOTH nuclear bombs were ordered up by a DEMOCRAT.

Don't get me wrong. Harry Truman was one of my favorite Presidents. I'm just saying... yah know? It's food for thought.

See you next week. Behave yourselves. I've gone looking for a hammock.
Posted by Dread who's gone meandering through the south to find his way to the gulf coast.

2 comments:

i beati said...

Mc cain rocked the debate decisive answers no hemming and hawing needs a good runnning mate 44 -43 at present today !! from the looks of that sereen first picture, we may never see you again!!!

i beati said...

serene sorry hurricane party mode