Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

St. Valentine's Day Retrospection

Thankfully, life is now different. Vastly different. Wonderfully different. Blissfully different!

2 comments:

i beati said...

clever !!

i beati said...

February 22- I tried to send you several emails to help me commiserate over this political crap but all returned- in reference to your whistler duck comments on my header- 2 of us photograph every day at our little community pond park- less than 3 acres, a treasure trove. My 4th camera has broken again and no funds so i just point and shoot. Robert has a leica lens on a nikon a very old one and gets color,.I just get shots..my dream would be a great camera but no funds..sigh I just enjoy nature.. Saw 60 whistlers earlier but the header is atop a very tall maybe 30 ft pine..Glad you enjoy I lose myself in nature daily as you can see- planting lots of flowers now to replace the frost bitten..sandy