Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christ is the “C” Word


More and more, our world is split into the secular and the spiritual. We are asked by employers, friends, government and other general segments to keep our spirituality separate from their realm, as if there are domains that God has no business in. What a disgrace it would be to accept their propositions. Just because I walk through their storefront door, I am expected to leave behind, my God and Creator, my Savior, the Spirit that lives in me? I don’t think so.

I can’t practice my faith as I work? No one’s been able to stop it yet. Yes there is darkness and evil prowling the streets, and lurking in corporate boardrooms and executive suites, but the Light of the World will not be darkened.

Christmas is not a holiday season. It is a celebration of the birth and a homage to, the manifestation through Jesus the Christ, of God’s love for humanity; all of us, great and small, and everywhere in between. John 3:17 states, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

I will be busy a great deal of the remainder of the year, as will most readers. I don’t know when I will post here again. But, from beneath the Carolina moon, I wish for you all a joyful, Christ filled and centered Christmas.

Dread

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
linked your site to mine as one of my favourites. Hope that's OK with you.

Totally agree with your post today.
Gods love through Jesus was a gift beyond compare and it's sad to see the spirituality taken away from such a time.

Not that I necessarily agree with formalised religion and ritual wthout meaning. But greed replacing any trace of spiritual regard is an ugly sight.

with Love

Jon

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Thanks for your comments. Yes your link is more than welcome.

Dread

Anonymous said...

I always say faith is that little bird singing long before the sun comes up- to you and yours a blessed holiday

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Thanks so much Sandy. May you and your family know a special blessing.

Dread