Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Divine Miss N is a “N” Word

On the last run through the alphabet, Miss N was the “N” word, but so what? As far as I’m concerned, she’s the best “N” word in my vocabulary. Since I couldn’t think of a better “N” word if I thought on it for a thousand years, I’m using her as my “N” word again. That’s the way it is here beneath the Carolina moon; we often repeat ourselves, especially if we find something that’s just so good it bears repeating.

I’m absolutely crazy in love with the Divine Miss N. She makes my mornings worth waking up to, my workday worth enduring, and my evenings totally divine. And that’s just three of the divinely beautiful things about her. On my next pass through the alphabet I’ll reveal a little more of the wow woman. If I told you everything about her all at once, it would overwhelm you, and besides I don’t need the competition she most assuredly would then attract.

I would have had a horrible time making it through this recent move without Miss N. But, even with all the turmoil, she has been, and continues to be, the peace that answers my prayers. The fact is that she's bashful about her picture, hence the back of head shot above. I must grant her that one eccentricity, because I am a man of many (eccentricities; not personalities. I'm not that nutty!). But around here, everyone has at least one. I live beneath the Carolina moon and am loved by the Divine Miss N. How blessed can one man be?

Dread

2 comments:

sandyland said...

I'm stumped and dying to know but thrilled you are loved

Sandy Kessler said...

oh you beautiful doll, you great big beautiful doll,. let me put my arms around ya let me put my charms around ya. "sorry I just burst into song......