Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I understand that some scientist figured out that yesterday was the most sad, depressing day of the year. They called it "Blue Monday". Okay. If that was the worst, then things have to get better from here, right? Hopefully, I'll be in a better mood before tourist season. I seem to have slipped into a cynical cycle from which I need to climb out, or better yet, snap out. I'll work on it. Maybe I just need to slow down and regroup. Life could be worse. At least I don't live in Minnesota. I think my outlook is changing already.

Dread

8 comments:

i beati said...

go to the Querky turkey blogspot, under amazed header click - you will love it - will make your day

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

I couldn't find a querky turkey

Anonymous said...

Ick. I do actually live in minnesota...Just when i thought things weren't so bad...

Sandy Kessler said...

http://querkeyturkey.blogspot.com/--
click the amazed header above the yellow cat I think Jan 14 - not the first post on down hahahaahahlet me know

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Poor you anonymous! C'mon south and let us fix you a piping hot bowl of gumbo.

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

HAH! HAH! HAH! Sandy I found it! You were right! It made my day! Thanks!

Dread

i beati said...

I have 7dogs and 7 cats - all rescued except the last one a gift from a student- one dog 21 one 14 - 3 from Katrina puppy mill 10 years each and one 4 1/2 and one 4 months- cats very very old- all found on road or animal control .People call me all the time to bail out - answer is no now. I have plenty of fun here on my little acre

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Wow!