Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Christmas Wish

Remember these guys? A visit with them has become a Christmas tradition for me. It's not Christmas without Clark and Eddie around the house. For the most part I find Christmas, as it has come to be celebrated, a stressful pain. However, an early viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, may have helped put me in a more attuned Christmas spirit this year. My heart is beginning to feel that little tingle of magic, that whispers in your head, "It's Christmas!"

So, remembering Clark's unique Christmas wish for his family, and how it got answered, I have my own Christmas wish this year for our whole country.


Merry Christmas America!
from here beneath the Carolina moon

1 comment:

Sandy Kessler said...

good one- I always feel that a tiny baby was born to save the world..