Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Official Endorsement

Today, I officially endorse John McCain for the office of President of the United States. It is a day I will proudly mark on my calendar. Privately, I have held him as my favorite since John Edwards dropped out of the race, but today I go public.

I was saddened to see John Edwards sell out to Obama, in an obvious late bid to replace Hillary as Obama's vice-president candidate. We saw this sad path when Al Gore sold out to the Clintons. What followed was anguish, depression, self-loathing; all rightly so. And, today Al Gore is only the shell of the man he once was and his apologetic life is sad. Now we'll see the talented Edwards crumble under the same mantle of corrupt misdirection. I hate it for him. The best thing he could have done was to just walk away from this election.

On the other hand, I have a strong feeling, that those of us, who lock our support behind John McCain, will have reason to continue to hold our heads high and see our efforts to strengthen this country pay off. Unlike his shell of rhetoric opponents, John McCain is a man of character, substantive experience, and purposeful action. I look forward to his serving as President of the United States of America.

Posted by Dread who has gone out to get bumper stickers and yard signs.

2 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

amen on both counts- I read his biography this week and he has escaped death so many times , he must be destined. Hope he picks an excellent riunning mate.. God forbnid that other sound bite gets elected. We are all in trouble then . I too am very saddened by Edwards, must have felt N. C. pressure, but they didn't even support him fully. I too was voting for him in the beginning. He , too has some backbone, abd has writtena splendid book and done some good things. What again has Obama done ?- Oh that's right .. He's the great Black Hope hbaahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sandy Kessler said...

The press has certainly given Obama a free ride !!!