Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Another Weekend By The Water


The Devine Miss "N" took this pic on our foray last weekend to Lake Keowee, in the north east part of South Carolina. Looking at the emerald clear water of Lake Keowee in this pic, I am reminded that Emerald Falls is also somewhere in that vacinity. I just don't remember exactly where.
We had a lovely time relaxing and fishing off the bank. Miss N caught the most fish and the largest fish. I caught the least amount and the smallest fish. They were both the same fish. Yeah I only caught one, but it's all good. We had a really great relaxing time at the lake. This weekend, I don't know what we'll do yet. I'm sure we'll find something, here beneath the Carolina Moon.
Posted by Dread, who hopes the air conditioning holds up, because tomorrow it is supposed to be 99 degrees F.

2 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

glorious

Sandy Kessler said...

I Barack Hussein Obama do solemnly swear - Could you just cringe??

somone needs to take me away to quiet places and trips. I'll work on that ..meanwhile Happy Weekend!!