Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

I'd Rather Eat A Live Frog

I heard yesterday that Hillary Rodham Clinton was to meet private with Barack Hussein Obama. Then today I flipped on the TV and there was Hillary C spewing off about supporting Obama all the way and squealing like a high school cheerleader, leading the charge to the goal line for Obama. The newscaster said Mz Clinton had called off her campaign and endorsed Obama. That can only mean one thing; Obama has sold out to Clinton pressure and asked Hillary to be his VP candidate.

I don't know if it was because I had read Rosanne's essay, "Frog Giggers" early this morning on the Dew on the Kudzu ezine (which I will try to get linked here soon) and it had saturated my brain along with the extra doses of caffeine it took to get me shaken awake this morning, or maybe it's just the way I think. But, when I put the two and two together that what I suspected would happen, had already been arranged in a back room, and Obama and Hillary were to be running mates, I blurted, "I'd rather eat a live frog than vote for either of them, much less BOTH OF THEM!"

And so it goes. I'd rather eat a live frog. Fortunately, I won't have to. I, like you, have a choice. I plan to vote for John McCain and whomever he takes as a VP running mate. That's not as bad as eating a live frog, and it's a far sight better than voting for the most inexperienced and whacko devious duo to ever win a presidential/vice-presidential nomination of a major political party.

Unless we all wake up, this country is going the way of the fall of Rome. Obama-Clinton: Non Gratum Anum Rodentum. The south was right to have seceded from you damncrazyyankees. I can't imagine that here beneath the Carolina moon, either of these misfits would have ever been even given a passing glance for the United States Senate. We'd rather eat a live frog!

Posted by Dread, who has began shouting out his car window at strangers, "Obama Clinton; Non gratum anum rodentum!"

1 comment:

i beati said...

It has quite a ring to it your phrase- I meanwhile am sick that he is gaining ground- no experience whatsoever. Can you believe it ??Here's the thing black professionals are starting to rub it in to me- I grit away ..no teeth by Nov..sk