Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oops! (An “O” Word) I’ve Jumped the Track!



Oops! I’ve jumped the track and must get back on! This blog, or whatever your particular cultural flavor prefers to call it, began as having the south or rather THE SOUTH as its focus, or things southern, and particularly those things of the Carolinas (thus the blog name). On occasion it would stray off course to a point of interest; a perfectly acceptable practice, as long as it wasn’t too far and made a hasty return to the main subject. However, I’m afraid that I’ve strayed perhaps a bit too far. And, therefore, having recognized such straying, as in more or less completely jumping the track, I now herewith and with all sincerity, and other such bull malarkey, promise to hastily get back on track. (Hah! we wiped the smile off that train engine!)

One more however, however. HOWEVER, from the get go, I have made no beans about being a dedicated opponent of the Clintons, or anyone kin to them, or even wishing they were kin to them, such as the Clintonistas of New York (Obvious imbeciles!) therefore, any and every reader of this blog may, from now, or actually before now, anticipate that there will always be at least one post appearing on the front page of this blog that is Clinton resistant, until there are no Clintons nor Clintonistas running for public office. There my be other political commentary also from time to time, but I do pledge to get back to the main thrust of this blog, focusing on things southern, and particularly things Carolina.

In fact, I just watched an old movie Sunday evening that reminded me of several major southern, Carolina in particular, facts, subjects, and cultural eccentricities that I should be discussing here. Or for those of you who hail from places unsouthern, perhaps for your edification, my disseminations shall be of useful or entertaining value. I know more than one story of a damnyankee whose life was spared as a direct result of their clever and timely remembrance of some minor southern trivia. You see, here beneath the Carolina moon, even trivia is no trivial matter, and a gentleman’s word is his honor, and... oh nevermind.

A few of those stories will appear here sooner or later. For now, I’ve babbled on enough for one day and a single post. Next post, will be back on track, and maybe with a different train. Yah know, I still don’t remember reading that book as a kid. Must have been after my time. Train named Thomas? Nah. Don’t remember’im.

Posted by Dread who never leapt a tall building, but once rode a powerful locomotive, and has since, never been the same.


alphabet justice: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

5 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

baby?and why are you so opposed to the Cl)intons?(not enough space?/The Little Engine that Could ??NO??

are you as opposed to the Clintons as to the Bushes?

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

The Clintons who pursue power for the sake of their personal... agahk! Their disingenuousness is reason enough to dislike them, never mind their complete immorality and lack of principle. I disagree with some things Junior has done and positions he takes but I'm not so opposed to the Bush family as a whole.

I suppose I am a political enigma. I highly respect Jimmy Carter the man, but he wasn’t much of a success as a President. He actually was too humble and good a man to be a politician. I disagreed with a lot of Regan’s positions, but damn he was a great patriot and a whale of a President.

Oh yeah the total lack of patriotism and respect for the American people that the arrogant Clintons have… another reason I don’t like them personally, politically, or otherwise. Thanks to Bill Clinton for ignoring his own advisors, China now has the technology that makes ICBM’s accurate…. Like now they can nuke us, whereas before Clinton’s “deal” they couldn’t. Somehow that got my attention… that and the Clinton death list… and the way they trashed the Whitehouse after the election… Self centered, lying, crooked, white trailer trash, can’t be expected to change just because they moved to Washington DC.

Excuse me. The Clintons are people you can read like a book on first encounter. Their lives have written their story for all to read, even those who read Braille. I just seem to loose it if I get started about them… I have known very few human beings that I think so low of.

Sandy Kessler said...

Wow lad you were able to give me a little clue ?/HAHAHA anyhow your boy Doug at Blueridge Muse has made my day how about you???any baby Sweetheart?

Sandy Kessler said...

What is this moon aspect at ptresent- Panhandle poet has written a poem as well

Sandy Kessler said...

Thank you a million times for blueridge muse . These two moons this week are guiding me every day. love to have a photo of the one. He is opening a place..
he's a true photographic artiste..