Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Ecliptical Phase


I've been in eclipse mode for several reasons, and for at least a couple of weeks. As usual, I'm back! Now I fully expect that my predictive post or actully just what was and is my point of view, as posted last here in the post below, will become full blown reality after tomorrow. I expect a big Hillary loss. It will be McCain vs Obama in November. The big question? Who will be McCain's running mate?

On another note, I noticed that in my absence, Sandy of the I Beati blog awarded BCM a "You Make My Day" Award. Wow! Thanks! That's nice to come back to! Especially from a blogger who always makes my online day bright.

What, no explanation for it being dark for two weeks beneath the Carolina moon? Nope. Nada. None. You get nothing, except maybe a mood change out of me. Hopefully, with the mood change, I'll drift away from the political spectrum of disgust, and get on back to writing about the wonderful beauty that is found nowhere else in the world, except here where I live, beneath the Carolina moon.

Posted by Dread, who is happy today.

4 comments:

i beati said...

last night I watched pbs and James Taylor explain beautifully his Song through vignettes,Goin to Carolina in my mind...Actually I'm in the mood to move- wish my son would find something I could afford. I tried 6 years ago..

still can't understand how we elevate the least qualified to the ranks of president. oh well not a naive little girl anymore..

i beati said...

Fantastic moon shot

Jennifer said...

So can you kick the Divine Miss N's fanny since she hasn't blogged since November????? LOL

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Scroll down to the bottom of my blog...of course I can try...