Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Pretty Things



I don't know the name of these flowers, or even remember where I saw them over the past couple of weeks, but I thought they were pretty things and took the shot.


Yesterday's post was lengthy, more like my old blog. Today's post is brief, like most of this blog has been. I seem to be finding my voice again though, and if I do, no doubt more of my musings and philosophizing will find its way in here. Those posts, when they do find their way here, may be more than a blurb and a pic. Brace yourself.

Posted by Dread just to share a spot of beauty from beneath the Carolina moon.

1 comment:

i beati said...

your comment on military two parents at once was exactly what I wanted- I am fuming . This country has changed so since I was a kid. Some good but I can see why other countries scowl..sk