Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Room With A View


It was a dreary, cloudy, rainy day here, but this picture of the red bud tree just outside of my front door, seemed worth the camera shot. And, its a nice distraction from the dreariness of politics. This is one of the most beautiful subtropical zones in the world. I should share more of it.
I never have understood why this tree is called a red bud. There's nothing red about it. Just another small mystery from beneath the Carolina Moon.

Posted by Dread who is off to photo more local beauty.

4 comments:

i beati said...

and why doesn't that bloom in Fl I want to know - a favorite of mine- and the bud is red for a second I guess before this creation- What a painter that MAN is !!!ppoozvc

Jennifer said...

Its too hot for Redbuds in FL. Too bad, they are one of my favorite trees.

BTW, check out my blog, and kick the Divine Miss N in the pants for me, k?

LOL, hope to meet up with you two soon. We are "planning" to be in Sparkle City next weekend.

Jennifer said...

email has already been checked and responded to!!! LOL

Jennifer said...

Nope April 20th at 6:43 is the only email I've received. Email stays up ALLLLLLL day long, so I'm pretty quick to respond. ;)