Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Gray and Ghost Are Both "G" Words






You will just have to forgive my vanity with this post. I love Mustangs; loved'em ever since 1964 & 1/2 when they were introduced by Ford Motor Company. Evidently that's an affinity that I share with Terri Glickman from the previous post.

I wasn't old enough to drive an automobile when I first fell in love with the pony cars. Then when I was old enough to buy a car, I had to be a responsible, straight laced, family dude. And even then I really didn't earn the money to buy anything but a used one. Had I bought one then, my wife would have shot me.

Finally I reached a point where the kid was grown, I had a pretty decent income, and I really didn't give a rip what anybody else thought about it. 2004 & 1/2 was the year; Mustang's 40th anniversay. I had to have one of the beautiful, special equipped, 40th anniversary editions. It took most of an entire Saturday to cut the deal, but I bought one.

Upon first laying eyes on the sleek gun metal gray pony car, her name came to me; Gray Ghost. I call her GG for short. People think I'm saying Gee Gee, and that she has a French name. I wouldn't name anything a French name, especially anything as thoroughly American as the Ford Mustang.

Anywho, as I first stated, please forgive the vanity of this old eccentric from beneath the Carolina moon. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you GG, the Gray Ghost. And the second Mustang in a row to be featured here, beneath the Carolina moon.









Miss "N", I can just feel in my bones, a road trip coming up soon!

Are any more of you out there attached to a pony car?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Krecker said...

You make me want to sell my truck - which I ADORE - and buy a pony car. God bless Fords!!

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Amen!!! I have an old battle worn 1988 Ford Pickumup Truck also. What isn't rust is also gray.

Dread