Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! What Else?

2006 is in the books. Lessons learned, some victories, some good things, some of the opposites, all made up life in 2006. Now we deal with it as what was, and begin 2007 as what is.

We've all been busy the last few weeks, so now maybe I can get back to giving a little attention to the blog. I need it as bad as anyone, as it is an outlet for me, and an escape. A few minutes spent focused here is a welcomed break for my brain from the usual stressors.

I have a great deal to be thankful for from 2006 and look to 2007 with wonder. This time a year ago, I never would have guessed what would transpire during the year. Now, I look back and say, wow! Yep, 2007 will be an adventure no doubt; quiet an adventure here beneath the Carolina Moon.

So, from beneath the Carolina Moon, to wherever you are, I wish you a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Life Journey to you as well. a year full of vlessings of course!!!

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Thank you Ms Kessler and the same I hope for you. Blessings!

Dread