Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's Super Saturday!


Thank you Sandy Kessler for the wish of a special Saturday, posted on your blog! The same for you! In fact, the same is wished for all of you who come here for an occasional moment of bemusement.

When wished to have a nice day or a good weekend, one of my friends used to say, "Thanks, but I have other plans." He was trying to be funny. Now I use that phrase when someone tells me where to go, what to kiss, or to do some self contorting act. There's usually no comeback to it. Sometimes, I even get a chuckle or a smile that cracks the atmosphere of anger.

Please do have a super Saturday, especially you Mrs. Kessler, and I hope you don't have other plans. I don't!

Dread

2 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

I plan to embrace this Saturday like no other..And Heaven has a new angel this morning. My dear friend Barbara passed on..sk

Sandy Kessler said...

I like to go to Palmetto Sweetheart and look art that little face