Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Replacement Monkey


I was going to go ahead and run a pic of the albino HMS monkey today, but I evidently left the pix on the camera and forgot to (a) off-load them to my memory stick, and or (b) left the transfer cable for the camera at the office. So, today I will (c) run something else.

A friend sent me the following and I thought it worth sharing. The story below will better explain the pic above.

It seems my friend Ed is in deep trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife, Helen, was really angry. She launched into a tirade. In the end, Helen told Ed that the next morning she expected to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in under six seconds. She screamed at him, "It better be there or else!"

The next morning, Ed got up early and left for work before Helen awoke. When Helen woke up though, she got up and looked out the window, and sure enough there was a giftwrapped box in the driveway. Helen grabbed her robe and excitedly ran out to the driveway to get the box. She brought it back into the house where she opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Ed has been missing since last Friday. I'm only assuming that he's lost, somewhere beneath the Carolina moon.


Dread

4 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

You are making me laugh a lot..really a lot and I need it this weekend. many tears..sk

Jon said...

Dread, this is great!
Sorry, but I had to steal it!!

http://jonmees.blogspot.com/2007/07/smile.html

lynn said...

This is a scream! Got your link from Jon. This is so worth sharing.

Love, Lynn xo

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Thanks for the promos folks! I had to steal it and share it myself.
:P
Dread