Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Monday, August 14, 2006

"Two" Good News


Think what you will of George Bush. Any man who loves his Scotties has heart, culture, respect for differences, etc. George having two Scotties is good news.

My baby brother just received his report from his scans and x-rays. This was the second clean report since his cancer was diagnosed over three years ago, as terminal. The hope at that time was to keep him alive five years. (quality of life aside) His odds now have improved from almost zero, to 20/80, to close to 50/50 for recovery. My brother having two clean scans is good news.

I heard two different preachers speak yesterday, with messages that went to my heart. Two messages that speak to my heart, life and soul, at a time I need understanding and guidance, is good. I better understand where and why I am torn inside. I continue to seek guidance.

I have prayers of gratitude and prayers of request to lift. Two types of prayers, is good news.

Good news, beneath the Carolina moon.

Dread

No comments: