Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Waning Moon, A Brighter God

The bright beautifully full Carolina moon of Wednesday has passed, and the light is waning, but we always have a full God.

I stopped using cigarettes twenty-five weeks ago today. I used nicotine lozenges in a reducing number for the first twelve weeks as the smoking cessation program. For the past thirteen weeks (three full months today!), I have been nicotine free. My intention is to never use nicotine in any form ever again. I was able to go though that process because I prayed for forgiveness, and asked God to help with taking away that addiction. He answered my prayers, and the prayers of others who I am sure were praying for my release and recovery.

I praise God for all that He has done for me, the forgiveness He has provided through the sacrifice of His son Jesus and His rich blessing of sending the spirit to guide me through the process. I ask the continued prayers and support of those who have opened their hearts toward this cleansing for me. Please pray that in the absence of this vile drug from my mind and body that they (my mind and body) will be made and kept whole, and that the spiritual guidance and strength called for in my life will be provided.

Through these blessings, may I serve our Great and Glorious God by serving those he would send me to serve in Christ name, and through these answered prayers may our faith be made all the stronger and our witness a tangible touchstone for those who would doubt.

Yes, God's blessings shine brighter than even the full Carolina moon!

Dread

1 comment:

SC GirlyGrl said...

I am so proud of you baby. I love you very much!