Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What the World Needs Now



I came across a blog last night while looking for something completely different; I mean TOTALLY different! On the page of this blog were links to a rare sound recording in (dare I say it?) mp3 format. A history of the recording is included, along with comments from the likes of people like me and my generation. It is well worth the read and the listen. Here is the link to the blog page.

http://kd4dcy.net/blog/?p=492

I think it will tell you an awful lot about my generation; how we can be both idealistic and cynical, hopeful and despairing, loving and angry. Learn something. Have a read, and have a listen. Indulge my nostalgia. There's a lesson or lessons in it all. As an old acquaintance is fond of saying, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Thanks for visiting again, here beneath the Carolina moon.

Dread

No comments: