Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Day is a "D" word

It's Monday! A new week, a new day, and I'm reaching for a new attitude. (yes still!) If you don't like my attitude, then just wait 15 min. Its usually about as unpredictable as the weather. Speaking of the weather; the forecast was for storms and rain both Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully, the prognosticators missed it horribly, and the weather was beautiful all weekender.

You know, perhaps I take other peoples attitudes too seriously, along with my own. So, I'm going to do some fun stuff this week, some of which may offend, or not be so funny to a few. I'll try not to be overbearing with it. If you're overly sensitive or easily offended, then you may want to stay away from me this week. But then again, I may be good therapy for your condition. Who knows?

So, we start the week with a scene I've seen repeated a few times over the years beneath the Carolina moon on a hot summer day. And its always, just people having harmless fun. And the people who are shocked by it, usually aren't, and weren't to start with. (having fun)

Posted by Dread, who has learned in the last two months that whether you drown in your own sorrows or someone else’s, you still drown.

Swim! Love! Live!

No comments: