Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Embarrassed is an "E" Word


My wife reads audio books. Yeah I don't get it either. When I read a book, I read it. When I listen to an audio recording, I listen. But, she says she reads audio books on tape and CD. Okay. I'll just accept that, and let it go at that.

The latest audio book she has is "Southern Fried Divorce". I read the synopsis of it on the net, and I don't like the scenario; seems sucky. A divorce should be just that; a divorce and done with it. Gone. Finished. Ahhh anyway, its just a book...an audio book..that she's "reading"..hmmkay.

I listen to the radio in the car on the way to work some days. I never read the radio, except the tuning dial. So there we have the exception. I can read the radio, when I read the dial. I always knew I was lacking something. Now I finally know what it is. I can read books and dials, but I can't read audio. Oh the shame of it! I'm so embarrassed I could just die! But, I won't.

In fact, I'm perfectly happy in my imperfection. Laaaah-deeee-daaaah! Okay, the truth: I'm not embarrassed; not in the least! But, embarrassed is an "E" word, here beneath the Carolina moon. Continuing the series here, tomorrow will be an "F" word.

Posted this day by Dread, who is slowly, but surely gaining momentum on once again having fun in life.

No comments: