Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Revisit? A Dream?



Perhaps Grandfather taught me of the many qualities of spirit, and there at his knee, I also learned of the beautiful qualities of spirit that later, I found in you.

You know who you are, as I know who you are. We have soared on the wind together, and celebrated the simple wonders that are life and love. We share wonders in replacing question with joy.

The brave and the wise know of the existence of the dark, but explore and gain their power in light. It is the angry, the foolish, and the greedy, who seek the power of hiding in darkness. In light there is joy, there is wisdom, there is generosity. True life, love, and light are one.

Perhaps I was led this path not to recall Grandfather, but to recall and apply his wisdom. Have I not prayed for wisdom? Tonight I sleep in peace, with assurance of the qualities of spirit that I have as my one that, I have found in my one, who joins me with the One.

There is assurance, there is joy, in the life, love, and light we share. It is not to be caught with a dream, but with our spirit. Such are the things we sometimes ponder, here beneanth the Carolina moon.

No comments: