Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Kinda Bad Week?



This has been another kinda bad week. Another of my coworkers of 20+ years and a great friend, got "the letter". It's generally been difficult in other ways too. I'm trying to have faith that all will work out for the best in the end.

Meanwhile, the picture above is for my boss and all the smirky rump kissers that surround him...well there aren't that many left. I plan that the coming weekender will work out somehow into something positive and good.

I have a special, short road trip planned Sunday with my Dad. Maybe I'll have something to share here Monday. You just never know what will happen, here beneath the Carolina moon.

Dread

No comments: