Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

____ is my "N" Word

I’ve tried finding a suitable “N” word and haven’t found one I can share. I could have picked some flower name, but that would be a cheap out. There are so many either negative, nasty or naughty words that start with N that there's no reason to share here. But the truth is, I know of a few beautiful N’s, but one in particular tops my list. I can't think of other N words when she is on my mind. A mental block? No. A mental saturation.

She wouldn’t want me to make mention here, nor post a picture, so I won’t. Still, she is the most beautiful N in the world, and the only N that really matters to me. All of the other N words can just go fluttering away with the wind. In fact, I’m going to just cut this post off right here, and go get ready to leave for work. The quicker I get to work, the sooner I get my work done, and the sooner I can leave to go see my beautiful and loving N.

So, she’s the “N” word for today; the one I’m not mentioning. So for now, the “N” word is a secret at least to you.

Posted by Dread who has found the term “significant other” to be a preposterous understatement; is realizing this post will be meaningless to all but maybe a very few people, but is still feeling happiness in making it; and has started looking forward to most days with optimism, even when by public standards optimism isn’t warranted, because most days it really is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you baby.

Love,

~N~