Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Quiz is a “Q” word

Quiz is not usually a fun word. But a fellow blogger pointed me toward a page of odd, fun quizzes. Quiz Meme is the site name. I took the candy quiz to find out what kind of candy I am. I’m not telling! It wasn’t what I thought or wanted to be, so I was a bit disappointed. You can figure out your own candy. There are other oddball quizzes there also ranging from “What color are you?” to …well see for yourself at this link:
http://www.quizmeme.com/

Also if you really, really just have to know, you can take the nerd test here:
http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php

After taking those two quizzes, if you’re still feeling quizzical, ask yourself this question. Is this normal, or do I need to seek help? I’m not going to tell you what my answer to that one was either. I did discover an endless supply of quizzes out there on the net. If you want to spend your life taking quizzes, it is possible.

I also discovered that while police “question” suspects, witnesses, and persons of interest here in the US, in the UK it seems they “quiz” them. So, what’s the difference between a question and a quiz? Is that a question or a quiz?

Posted by Dread who on even his best days has more questions than he does answers, but most of the time, enjoys the challenges, and knows there is a single ultimate answer to all questions that have ever been posed or ever will. Whether question or quiz, you will hear many answers. But, ultimately there is but one Truth.

No comments: