Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Getting the Alphabet Right

This is the alphabet wrong:
This is somewhat better:

I prefer to do better yet. I have decided to dedicate the blog to another round of working through the alphabet. The limited readership here seemed to mildly enjoy and take interest in the last exercise of the elementary. I haven't decided the best path for that as yet. I am entertaining three theories. One is noticing three good things each day and emphasizing those, following the lead of Clare at Three Beautiful Things (alphabetically of course). Another would be to just randomly pick up an item or items each day similar to Sandy at So Many Blessings, also alphabetically of course. Or a completely different approach similar to the divine Miss N at SCGirlyGrl. All three are linked over there ---->

I may just take a dual approach, and work in my own odd twist. You would expect that of me anyway and be disappointed at any less wouldn't you? Yes things seem to have an eccentric odd twist to them, just as a natural course of order here beneath the Carolina moon. If you've ever read anything about disruptive technology, then you probably get the idea of the results of my subtle work. I'm not considered to be a disruptive person, yet my vapor trail cuts a strange pattern in the sky that leaves the view a bit different; hopefully for the better, and hopefully lasting.

I shall make up my mind and get started again on the alphabet shortly. Today I have a run to make out of town for a meeting that may or may not change the course of many lives, for the better or maybe just not at all; hopefully none for the worse. I shall sit and nod approval or scrunch my face in an "I don't quiet agree" expression. I intend to raise questions to guide in good directions. In the end, I may or may not make a difference. I will have been prepared, tried my best ways of influence, and given it my best shot. At the end of the day that's all we can do. Our full impact may still be years away. I shall pray for guidance, and that insight will be brought to the process. I also invite your prayers.

Soon, I shall start again with the alphabet. When I do, you will eventually see the pattern of my madness. I hope it will be a positive pattern to make a positive difference. In the meantime, visit the friendly links over there ---->, and lift a prayer.

Posted by Dread from beneath the Carolina moon.

No comments: