Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Today I Take a Pause


Today I take a pause for a formal introduction of the good Ms Kessler that I mentioned, and copped a pic from, earlier this week. I have added her blog link ("So Many Blessings!") to my list of links over there --->

Ms Kessler is an English teacher who fully gets it, that choosing the right message, and communicating that message, is way more important than grammar, punctuation, or for that matter spelling or even words, when a picture will do just as well or better. She says she’s retired, but I give you the following quote from her blog; “Some people come into our lives and they touch us in certain ways. Others fill our hearts to overflowing and we are never ever the same again.”

Ms Kessler, you may be retired formally, but in act you are not.

I have a feeling that there are a lot of people out there, who are wonderful people that every day, make other people's day, because someone once filled their heart to overflowing, and they were never the same again. I have an even stronger feeling that Sandy Kessler is one of those.

God has a purpose for each of us for each day that we are here. The fact that we’re even here today is proof enough of that for me. What may happen to us tomorrow is of no consequence. It is what He has for us to do today that matters. Do it with all your heart.

Posted by Dread who wonders why someone else’s apples always seem the sweetest. But, that’s okay, because we share, here beneath the Carolina Moon!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I liked that last paragraph, about God having a plan for all of us. Even if I've been told a million times, it always has a way of making me take a little breath, relax, and focus. I needed the little breath just now. Thanks.