Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Wow is a “W” Word


It was a real hard decision to pass up Word as the “W” word, and also passing up Woman was excruciating. But I had to settle on Wow. Wow describes both Word and Woman. It also describes finally making it to numero uno in a Google search. Never mind that I actually had a web site once, on my own server, named Beneath the Carolina Moon. If you did a search on Google or any other search engine for Beneath the Carolina Moon, you would come up with a book by Nora Roberts, a store in Columbia, SC, an old song, and general gobble-de-gook, but not my web site.

Today just on impulse, I did a Google search for Beneath the Carolina Moon and taah daah! This blog is the top listing, number one, top of the heap! I’ve never been the top of the heap, even in a pile of one, so this is really something to me! Naturally I said, “Wow!” Then as I thought about it, Word is wow. Woman is wow (especially the divine Miss N). So, Wow it is for the “W” word.

Yah know there are a lot of wow things in this universe, and wow stuff, and just wowness period. God is wow. Miss N is wow. The world is a bit wow. I hope to have a wow weekend, and I imagine I will. Beginning today and then the next two days will probably be wow for me, but then those could be like, “Oh wow.” or “Wow!” Time will tell. And, the truth of the matter is, there’s a lot of wow here beneath the Carolina Moon, enough for everybody. Get your share.

Posted by Dread who has been experiencing a lot of wow coming back into his life lately. Yeah, a whole lot of wow! Thank you God for the wow! Wow!

4 comments:

Mojo said...

I appreciated your comment on my blog! Thanks for that and I do enjoy your blog entries...and visit regularly!
Bye for now!

Sandy Kessler said...

Your blog is that of a kindred spirit I have incurable cancer and get down from time to time.www.sandyshares.blogspot.com. Sure you can link into or comment anytime. I probably may not be up to your thougth provoking blog but I say what's there that day. My son lives in Winston Salem, N. C. sk. The reason I get down is drs just shake their heads. I feel there should be somewhere to offer some hope but??

Anonymous said...

Wow, indeed! This is a great idea for a blog...interesting too. I found this blog through the 'Adopt a Microbe' blog...just thought I'd drop by and say 'hi'. Feel free to visit my blog anytime, and keep up the good work. :)

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Thank you to all! I will reciprocate the visits, and hope you will here regularly.

Dread