Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

X has become an "X" Word


There was a day that there were no rating systems for movies. Then we started with the PG 13, R, X, and somehow I guess skipped over to XXX, or as its called triple X. Well I don't have anything X rated to say today except that X has now become a word on our cultural landscape. Strange that it and "A" are the only two letters that I am aware of that are actually used as words (at least in the US). While "ex", the prefix, has also become an abreviated slang word, it doesn't mean the same as X.

The pic posted today would make for a good ad for an X rated comedy, but honestly, I haven't a clue where it originated. I stole it off of another blog, a fascinating, irreverent blog by, well what else, another southerner. It's quirky. Did I have to tell you that? Check out "So Many Blessings" , and tell Ms Kessler that I sent you with my regards.

Hopefully I'll be linking her blog here more permanently. We'll see. Being a retired English teacher, she may abruptly faint at my grammar and punctuation. Or, maybe she'll just send me hate mail. Oddly enough, I haven't had any of that lately. Perhaps I could stand a good straightening out on the word X?

Posted by Dread who suspects there are proportionately as many quirky eccentrics beneath the Florida moon as there are beneath the Carolina moon, and as many X rated thoughts.

2 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

Please use whatever - howeve as I do and relish evey day as I feel uyou do and say a prayer every now and then for yours truly , my grammar I left behind, ha

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Love the attitude Sandy Kessler! Or, should I call it a philosophy? I have a feeling you don't care what I call it. You know what it is, and you've got it, and that's what matters.

Dread