Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sundial Sunday

There are sundials out there with the following incription: “My face marks the sunny hours. What can you say of yours?” I couldn’t find but one pic of this dial on the net and it wouldn’t let me copy. So, there’s no pic for today’s post. Would this sundial and quote actually illustrate my blog post today? Not really, but then I don’t think it really matters.

An illustration that makes a point is an illustration that makes a point; even if it is a different point, or an off subject point. As this world fits together, in some mysterious way, everything is eventually relevant.

As you can tell from the dates of the most previous post and this one, I’ve taken something of an unannounced break from blogging. My entries dwindled down and then stopped. For one thing, I wasn’t sure what direction to take the blog after the alphabet work-out was complete. For another thing, life has had my head a bit gummy. That should also be evident from the most immediate past post.

I’ve blamed life, but actually, I think I brought the head gumminess upon myself. We usually do, and then want to blame people and things outside of us. But what do I know. I am but human. I live in the deep south. Our culture is emotionally charged. Sooner though, or later, if I listen close enough, the Heavenly Father will speak through the Spirit, or light a path, or perhaps both.

I am grateful for the paths that I have had laid before me during my life, and all the wonderful people and experiences that are now ingrained as a part of me. I am grateful for the opportunity to open my heart. My regrets are when I strayed off the path.

I have prayed prayers of gratefulness over the past few days, and also prayers with requests. I seek. Matthew 7;7: “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”

Of course in all of these, it is we who must take the first step. Today I will pray with repentance, gratitude, and praise. Yes, I’ve a few requests also. I expect that somehow things are going to turn to accomplish God’s will. His beauty and mystery will unfold, and as is His nature, He will give as we are ready, and willing, to receive.

Psalms 62:1&2, “Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense, I shall not be greatly moved."

Posted by Dread from somewhere beneath the Carolina moon, in a place with a missing sundial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

may I refer you to another blog beauty- Izel cottage from Canada I think the photography is so passionate.. I need to learn how to do links because I love reading yours. Bildungblog is sacriledge and funny,a true cynic..sk