Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blogging Under the Influence

I haven’t swizzled alcohol since the late 1970’s. However, having had a little out patient surgery done this morning while being doped into oblivion leaves me no choice but to either skip blogging today, or to blog while still under the influence of the anesthesia. I doubt BUI will endanger lives, so here goes!

I have gradually come to realize that I am not a politically correct person. Having flashed a gnome moon here, declaring it to not be a Carolina moon, I now have a shrub moon to post. It’s not a Carolina moon either, although, the idea for it very well could have been a Carolina idea. I know you all have seen the statuary of the little black men with red caps and coats with white pants that hold out a ring to tie a horse up to, or holding a lantern. Personally, I always wanted to put two of those on either side of my drive entrance, except I want custom castings of two of the little fellows mooning. I told you I’m not politically correct. Politically correct types do not even put the little black men out on display anywhere, much less mooning ones. I don’t have custom castings such as I describe, but I do have the shrub moon pic below, and present it now.





Meanwhile, back on the Ponderosa, I’m feeling a bit woozy and have yet another doctor’s appointment to keep. So, while I'm still ahead in the polls, what say we call it a wrap for today? Another day, another moon, all beneath the Carolina moon.

Dread

No comments: