Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Less Opinion

I had to repost this post because I messed up my own comment to a comment... Have a nice weekender... mine's already flushed.

Today, I’m not opinionating so heavily, but focusing on the Carolina blogger links from the column to the right. Shannon of Bless Your Heart has a baby post covering two types. One is cute as can be. The other’s so ugly that it’s cute. SC Girly Grl has a sad tale of a baby not so fortunate, but the post is capped with a comforting poem. From my experience, I would venture that it’s one of her origination. To answer her question from earlier this week about being crazy, let us appropriately paraphrase Goldilocks. Some people are too crazy. Some people aren’t crazy enough. But her crazy is just right!

Mike of Mike’s America continues to fill in for the vacationing Barry at Palmetto Pundit. Idiocy from John Kerry, and lively discussion of various topics of Arab decent fill his pages. There’s been nothing new from Napoleon for a while at The Life and Times of Mediocrity. Should we worry or expect he's just busy?

I’m not Catholic, and doubt seriously I ever will be (see testing results on Monday’s post). I’m afraid that I am clueless as to what even goes on in Mass, had never heard of the Office of Readings, nor know what the Liturgy of the Hours could possibly be. But, Jennifer, the Palmetto Sweetheart who isn’t clueless and has and does, posted a nice piece from those sources. For me it is a confirmation of the establishment and place of the Church. Only, the term “the Church” means perhaps something a bit different to me than it does in some folk’s minds and hearts. But that’s just the way it is beneath the Carolina moon.

Dread

1 comment:

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

I had to repost this post because I messed up my own comment to a comment. There was nothing wrong with the comments except my comment which I messed up. It seems reposting messed up the comments so I messed up the comments twice and then...ah just forget it!