Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Continuing right along with my final full day of the vacation of (fill in your favorite expletive here), I’ve discovered the usb cable for the digi cam is missing. Okay running right out for another is no problem, but its just that I planned on posting a picture or two, but by the time I go buy one and get back…blah blah blah. I’ll just post something when I’m back home, maybe next week. Something’s wrong with the smoke alarm in the condo also, and the wife side swiped a post last night denting and scratching both doors on the passenger side of the Taurus. This afternoon the electricity went off and didn’t come back on until after 9:00 P.M. The list goes on, but I will spare you.

Thankfully the fine Carolinians with links listed on the right à have done a fine job of maintaining blogs for the past week. They have been interesting, entertaiing, educating, and a breath of fresh air compared to my grousing.

There is one thing most readers wouldn’t have known though. For the past week I have also been seriously contemplating leaving my employer of the past twenty-six years. Am I entertaining another offer? Nope! It has just gotten so bad under the current board and leadership that I’m considering, strapping on my life vest and abandoning ship. I’m thinking maybe my chances are better swimming with the sharks than drowning with rats.

But I haven’t decided. There’s things to talk over with the boss. I really am having a difficult time seeing just how any of this can work out for me to stay; a very difficult time. But that’s another story too. I’ve been wrestling with other issues also. Many! Napoleon is right, “God is great, and I’m an idiot.” Read his post at The Life and Times of Mediocrity, then the other links. They’re all great. But then what do you expect from beneath the Carolina moon?

Tomorrow I go home.

Dread

No comments: