Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

I'm baaaaaaaack and kissing the ground beneath my feet! I have never been so glad to say goodbye to a place and hello to home in all my life! (with the exception of my one trip to Washington DC in 1990)

Let me summarize my vacation; (a) I did not want to be there, therefore it sucked. (b) all kinds of s%*t went wrong, therefore it sucked, and (c) New Orleans Shaved Ice was shut down because the building was torn down, therefore vacation sucked. Now that we have that established and put to bed in the record books, let's move on to positive things.

I am proposing to just grab life by the tail and start kicking; holding nothing back! I've had it with morons, doom boomers, and blabber blasters. I'm putting a smile on my face that will kill grizzly bears, I will laugh in the face of adversity, mean spiritedness, or any general sassy butted twit. I will try very very hard to keep from telling such fwits to go have intimate sexual functions with themselves. I know. I know! What a perfectly naughty thing for me to even think, much less say. The point I am making is, I plan to be optimistic, fired up, energized, and ready to shake things up until they spew over. I want to be through with doom and gloom!

Doom never built anything, and gloom never has seen the light of day. So why bother with either of them? I will ask for God to guide my hands, my feet, and comfort me. I will love. I will not be intimidated. I have missed loving, missed the quiet calm of confidence, when you know that God's hand is at your back,

Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

A great love deserves greatness, especially a love beneath the Carolina moon.

Dread

2 comments:

Napoleon said...

If your done with Doom and Gloom, can you still call yourself Dread? :)

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Well actually, Dread is only half of Dread Eagle. The Dread part came from the old dreadnaught war ships, which of course meant they dreaded or feared nothing. Eagle from my native american heritage and an affinity the large birds of prey have for me. Literal interpretation; Eagle without fear, or Eagle that is feared.

This goes way back and very deep, but if you don't mind, I won't rewind that trail today. Some winter's day perhaps over a glowing fire and a warm drink.

Still happily, Dread