Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Alphabetical Justice


I’ve become consciously aware of my enjoyment of writing about a single word, single phrase or singe thought. I suppose I just can’t leave well enough alone. The alphabet thing I had going here (twice) seemed to work somewhat. The problem is I also have a disdainful, arrogant, aloof disregard to rules. If I do the alphabet, then I have to go by the rules, and follow the alphabet in alphabetical order or maybe backwards. (Yeah… me follow rules very long? Right!) Either way, there are rules of order, and that’s where my personality clashes with the concept.

You will remember sometimes it was quiet some time between posts, not just because life took precedent, but also because my mind was on something else besides a subject that started with the next letter of the alphabet. Tahdah! I have a new work-around idea.

I will do the alphabet thing, as it pops up, that is when I feel like it, but not in the order of the alphabet. I’ll just check off a letter as I go and randomly pick off the alphabet as subjects, words, etc. pop into my head to post about. It’ll be the pop, post, pick method. The idea pops, it gets posted, that picks off a letter. Next time around I pick off another letter. I’ll be happy as I get to break the alphabetical order rule. You the reader will get more frequent posts of things that hopefully will be a bit more meaningful. And all God’s chillin’ gets shoes. That’s what I call win-win-win.

Now if I could just figure out how to color those pesky corner curve thingys in the blogger codes… or if someone had a helpful suggestion. Erh?

Shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes.
All God’s chillin’ got shoes.

And that’s the way it is today, here, beneath the ninety percent full Carolina moon. What was it I said yesterday about going through Chaos to get to Order? Nevermind. If you've forgotten just read it again.

Posted by Dread who hopes you have a great weekender, because he has other plans.

1 comment:

Sandy Kessler said...

aha !another free spirit, need a n artistic whiz for my site.. other plans hahaahahahahah