Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

While I was mulling over the future path of the Beneath the Carolina Moon blog, the Albino Home Made Sock Monkey (AHMS Monkey) went a little ballistic over parking, and well, you can see the results. Fortunately it stopped here and the parking problems we were experiencing all ceased. I'm thinking of using her as a trouble shooter to help with other business and personal related problems.

Just for information; I did google the sock monkey convention, gathering, thingy, event. Then I emailed the young lady designated as the contact. It seems, there is an annual event called the Sock Monkey Festival held at Midway Village and Museum Center in Rockford Illinois, official home of the Sock Monkey. There's a whole history of those red heeled socks that were made in Rockford, and actually people who collect sock monkeys, and even giant statues of sock monkeys there. As quaint as the whole bugaboo is, for now, I am quite satisfied with only having the aquaintence of the Albino HMS Monkey. I'm pretty busy with people and pets and things that go bump in the night, like my toe against the dresser last week. I'm still having to watch how I step up stairs.

At the end of the day, there's only so much space in my life and for now, one sock monkey is enough. I do appreciate Theresa Sellers responding to my email. If any of you wish to contact her for further sock monkey weirdo stuff and things, her contact info is:

Theresa Sellers
Customer Service Coordinator
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
102 N. Main St., Rockford, IL 61101-1102 USA
Voice: 815.489.1672 / 800.521.0849
Fax: 815.963.4298 / 800.691.7035
E-Mail: tsellers@gorockford.com
Website: www.gorockford.com

Ms Sellers also felt the need to point out that her last name has recently changed to Sellers for future contact. I haven't a clue what it was prior. I'm wondering if it was a change for marriage, unmarriage, or maybe convenience, like she didn't like her last name because it was something like Deadrat. If my name was Theresa Deadrat I would change it to something else too. But, I wouldn't pick Sellers, would you?

So I wonder what precipitated the name change. Am I going to write her and ask? Life should keep some mysteries to stay interesting. I'll just let this be one of those. Life always has mysteries for me, at least it does here, beneath the Carolina moon, like why won't Blogger let me insert a title to this post? What gives with that? Hey! Maybe another assignment for the Albino HMS Monkey? You think? Oh by the way, the next Sock Monkey Festival will be held
March 8th & 9th, 2008.

Dread

2 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

Is deadrat an oxymoron?? I want to go to Rockford but have a $250 water bill so will be going nowhere , perhaps more sightings of the albino sock monkey??sk

Beneath the Carolina Moon said...

Nooo. "Honest lawyer" is an oxymoron. I would say more sightings of the albino hms monkey being sprinkled in are a distinct possibility.

Dread