Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Another Nice Mess

Here's another nice mess I've gotten myself into! A three minute tour into Blogger's new features and three days later here I am. The new "stuff" is beginning to come together... sorta. It may work out yet. Successfully rolling with the punches was always one of my positive attributes, talents, blessings, gifts, whathaveyous. It seems the older I get the less resilient I am. Thank goodness I was always of an extraordinarily high resilience.

Sometimes, things get worse before they get better. In fact, around here they frequently do just that. Sometimes the road to order goes through chaos. Hey! I like that saying! I just coined it! Or maybe I didn't. Maybe it was gift presented through me. You may never know, but I already do. Because, that's the way it is here beneath the Carolina moon. Sometimes the road to Order goes through Chaos.


Posted by Dread who knows that Ollie and Stanley never said "another fine mess", but did frequently use "another nice mess".

1 comment:

Sandy Kessler said...

I 'm quite impressed. I couldn't even successfully bring my counter over SIGH