Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stay Close

A moon phase feature was added to the blog sidebar today. I am particularly wary of this month's moon. There has been much afoot this month so far that is not good. This month, the full moon falls on the 13th at 6:51 AM. There have been pointers to this month for a long time now, at least six months; and particularly this time of the month, just before the halfway point. I can't explain it, just suffice to say, I was led to know at least six months ago that this was a significant time for significant changes. With all of the turmoil that has come along already this month, to say the least, I am anxious about the approach of this full moon phase.

In early February I was filled with a strange gut knowledge that a phase change of my life of some sort was imminent. I felt even stronger that it would be a phase change of magnitude that reached beyond my life, but also encompassed much more. Then I just happened to notice that the moon was full that day. I strangely knew that it was some type of life phase change. Little did I know what was really in store for me or the whole perimeter about me. Wow what small seeds have burst forth into surprisingly large things since then! My life has changed forever! My relationships here on this earth have changed or are still in process of changing forever; changing in huge ways! My eyes, my heart, my entire being has been opened to so much like never before. God has blessed me richly since that time, and my entire being has been changing and growing.

There have been many soul shaking experiences for me since, such as experiencing the Holy Spirit and knowing it was there, being taught, shown insight and knowledge by the Spirit and finding fully the life mate that God had prepared for me to love and be loved by. I have been joyed by the growth of my relationship with God the Father, by way of the forgiveness He offers us through His Son, which opened all the doors for goodness that have come to me. I cannot explain all the positive change in this brief writing. Many of them escape words as they are spiritual and evoke emotions beyond words. That full moon in February, when it was revealed to me that a phase of life change was coming, also was on the 13th. This current phase has worried me though, because so many dark things have been happening, or it has been indicated they are happening, because of less than righteous motivations of some people. But, where there is faith there is hope, and I have love. God is love and will see us through.

No doubt when people begin to move along the path laid down by God, the dark one begins to make all manner of distraction and stormy noise, to try to get them to flee off the path. Those attempted distractions should be expected. As long as we keep faith, hope and trust in God, with mutual love He will keep us safe in His arms.

I found it interesting when I looked at a moon phase chart this morning, that April also had a full moon on the 13th. In fact, this is the only year in this decade that has the full moon occurring three times on the 13th. February was the first occurrence, April the second, and now this Saturday will be the third. That particular arrangement is interesting itself. The third and last occurrence of the full moon on the 13th day of the month for this year. The moon was full on the 13th twice in 2000, once in 2003, and will next occur once in 2008. That's it for the entire decade. Maybe there is meaning in this oddity, or maybe not. I find the ominous rumblings around this year's third occurrence of the moon being full on the 13th, at least curious. Yep. Curious.

If you haven't prayed sincerely lately, I suggest you do so for at least the next three days, beginning today. As we stay close with God, God will stay close with us.