Breath our scents, walk our landscape, hear our melodic dialects, delight in our savory morsels, touch each rich texture, and the southern essence remains a mystery. The ethereal south, unfathomable to the five senses, lives in the heart. If you believe in magic, and can survive the devastating passions of an open heart, just possibly, you stand a chance of living a moment as a southerner. Most people aren't brave enough to be southerners, even the ones that are.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Today has been a pretty nice day. It started out with my frame of mind in the dump. For some reason I dreamed depressing stuff and awoke in a completely distressed and depressed state. A moment of reflection, a prayer, and a prayer answered, put my mind close to being where it should. I was cheered and hopeful. My day passed with mostly gladness and cheer, and ended with hope. God sure has wonderful ways of holding us close when we need to be held and ask it of Him. "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." (Matthew 7,7)

The third full moon to fall on the 13th of a month during this year, is done and gone now. The last of that moon phase passed today. When I awoke and checked the moon phase chart this morning, there was one percent of that moon left. Then it passed. A new moon begins. It will be a dark night. But, it will be a new beginning; another moon phase. I forget how many native American moons I am old now. I think about 717 or 718. I don't think you're getting seriously old until you hit a minimum of 1,100. I do know that I have only been up since around six this morning, and I am already seriously sleepy tonight.

Since there is no moon tonight, that means I am writing to you sort of out from beneath the Carolina moon. That's a rather odd occurrence in itself. Ah well, my life shall be shifting, and I have much planning to do. I shall perhaps return to themes in this place more in keeping with at least the general philosophy of the old Carolina Moon, and Beneath the Carolina Moon blogs. I do feel that some continuity with the precedents and maintenance of heritage is necessary. After all, this is the South, and Carolina in particular; the Deep South to you damnyankees and nearsouthernwannabees. This is a long holiday weekender, so who knows, you may hear from me again before Tuesday, assuming I sleep better than last night.
Until laterz,

Dread

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»